Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.
- Helen Keller
The MSDB Foundation provides Montana’s deaf and blind children with opportunities for academic and social development similar to those of other children, in order to better prepare them for independent lives.
With the help of many generous donors, the Foundation has funded a large technology program that brought the School into the 21st century, an updated and automated library with an expanded collection, a playground accessible for children with vision or hearing loss, and many programs that directly benefit MSDB students.
The MSDB Foundation provides ongoing support for:
- job training and career preparation
- assistive technology
- outreach services for students in their home communities
- capital improvements on campus
Each year, the Foundation supports a wide range of academic and extracurricular activities that improve the students’ self confidence, quality of life, and education. These include:
- MSDB’s Academic Bowl team
- Visually Impaired Games
- Summer camps for kids from across the state
- Family Learning Weekends
- Academic achievement awards
- Field trips
- Holiday parties, proms, and a yearbook
- Expressions of Silence – a performing group of students who use sign language choreographed to recorded music to “sing” songs for audiences at various events.
Please join us in giving deaf and blind kids in Montana their best chance for success. The Montana School for the Deaf & Blind Foundation’s ability to support future projects on behalf of the kids at MSDB depends on the generosity of others.
You can donate now online by clicking on the button above or mail a donation, or contact us to discuss other ways of giving.
Those who wish to receive a substantial tax credit while providing gifts under the Montana Charitable Giving Act can contribute to the Foundation’s permanent endowment fund.
Other ways to help:
- Make an annual contribution
- Give a one-time gift for technology, library books, cottage furnishings or other items the kids need
- Include the MSDB Foundation in your trust or will
- Assist with grants from your company, association or foundation
- Give a memorial gift in someone’s memory
For more information, please contact us:
Montana School for the Deaf & Blind Foundation
P. O. Box 6576
Great Falls, MT 59406
Since 1981, the MSDB Foundation has provided funds for services and equipment not covered by state appropriations for the School. The Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors.
The MSDB Foundation is incorporated under Montana Law (Section 20-8-111, MCA), and has tax-exempt status granted by Section 501(c) of the Federal IRS Code.